Friday, March 31, 2017

Family Portraits | Project Life 2017

Hey everyone!!

2 big new to share today!

First, Mira, my friend on the Citrus Twist Kits design team, asked me to be a guest designer for her small company Family Portrait! I accepted happily. I love Mira, and was very pleased with everything she sent me!!

Second big news, I think I was waiting for Mira's product to start my Project life album 2017! Yes! I wanted to do it this year, but it's march 30th now and I just havent started. That's life reality. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. We're trying to fit it all in, but it just doesn't work.

This being said, I would like to show you the first project I made:


Before I tell you all about this page, I'd like to tell you that I didn't finish my Project Life album last year. I wanted to keep it easy and simple so I didn't limit myself to make a streak a week and well, it got complicated very fast and it resulted in a non finished album. :(

So this year, Yes, this year (!!), I want to be wiser. And I want to succeed! Ok, true, last year I moved from the USA to Prague. I could say it's because of that, but the truth is that I'm not moving this year, and I don't see the tempo of my life slowing down. Not one bit! So move or not, if I go on the same path as last year, I will not finish my album, and it won't be fun to make it either, that's for sure. So my plan for this year: One spread a month! Yes! Go simple or go home is my new saying! :D On top of that, the only spread will be simple! Very simple! I won't try to cram every little moments and things that happened and I will also not try to describe everything in the journaling. So let's see how I started, shall we?



Opening page = one photo of us. My parents are the picture too but I don't mind. Simplify! Don't look for the perfect photo for another hour, just take that one!! :)

The year on a card. I used some transparent stickers for the 2017 and I wrote "this is us" with my brush pen.


Two 3x4 cards. One with lovely words and one with a pretty drawing of a house.

A shaker pocket with some really sweet sequins and a "love" speech bubble paperclip from Pinkfresh Studio.

One 3x4 card to talk about us as a family. Where we are, what we do, our way of life.


For my journaling I used a blank card + a tiny heart sticker.


One 4x6 card with the letters US stitched on top.



And one 4x6 card with the description of every member of the family. I wrote our age, what we were doing/liking at the moment and what was coming for us this year. I kept it very very very simple!

Second page:


Yes, this is January at a glance! Fun, isn't it?
I left out many many stories, believe me!! Some of them are on separate 12x12 scrapbooking pages, and some others are just not told. That's the way it is. For me. For now.


I used the first 4x6 card to write the month.



I included 5 photos on the left page. They are all different sizes. I loved the cards and wanted them to show, and to add a little bit of color and of softness with the watercolor look.


I used one 4x6 card that I've cut in half to add journaling. My journaling is very general. I'm not trying to describe every photo like I did in my 2016 album. Hoping that this will help.


This year, I decided that I'm fine with something like this. Just a photo on a card.


6 photos on the second page.


And one cute 4x6 card with a beautiful word art saying it all!



Sometimes we buy a pack of cards and theres one that says something that doesn't relate to your life or album, well, you can use that card to mount a photo that you will print slightly smaller to add just another pop of color. Most likely, the color will coordinate perfectly with your other cards from the same pack.


The art work on these cards is so pretty that I wanted it to shine. So I didn't write anything on that last cards like I had intended to do. And that brings me back to keeping it simple. I added that story to my general journaling card. There are less details about the story but I'm fine with that.

Now I "only" have to keep going right? The hardest step is the first one...!

I for sure still have plenty of beautiful cards from Family Portraits so I should be good to document a couple more months with them.

Before I go I'd like to thank Mira for the opportunity of getting to know her small company and for trusting that I would do something beautiful with her products!! <3 nbsp="" p="">
Marie

5 comments:

Gab said...

Beautiful pages, as always!

Claire Charmasson Armstrong said...

Yay! You're doing Project Life again! I have been doing it a month at a time for a few years now. You will find that it's much easier to get the whole year documented. I moved to Europe too (Vive la France et ses boutiques scrapbooking en ligne!) I was without my craft supplies from early August until late December, but I still got the year done in very little time after the holidays. You can do this!

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you for sharing, Claire! That's very motivating to read!!

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thanks Gab for all your comments! I'm glad you are still here, following the blog! :) xox

Mira said...

Marrie, I really love what You made with our products! I am truly honored that You agreed - You are amazing person with such a talent! <3 <3
I am sure that You'll succeed this year! With such an approach and state of mind - it'll be a piece of cake!
BTW thanks for sharing Your struggles with us! We sometimes make our online life so perfect that we forget it's not always like that :)) Wishing You the best Marrie! Keep on rockin'!