Friday, January 20, 2017

Citrus Twist Kits | What stories do you tell?

Hey everyone!

Tonight I'm having a conversation with Debbie Hodge, owner of Get it Scrapped, about style. It is part of a class called "Style is Leverage". The class has been going all week and I've learned and got inspired a lot...

This brings me to ask you: What kind of stories do you record?? I have a couple albums a add stories to. These are: 
  • our travels - it's my album with less pages! I sometimes will make 1 single page or a double page about a trip we took
  • my relationship story - this album includes stories of when my husband and I met, the weeding, honeymoon, and other things we do as a couple, not including the kids....not that it happens a lot!
  • our family - everything that includes both girls or the whole family (our move to Prague, for example, would go in there)
  • my daughters - they each have their own album and the stories goes from their birth to now
  • my story - this album includes stories from my childhood, stories from now and stories from in between. The stories in there tend to be more profound.
This layout here, although there's a picture of Arielle on it, goes into my story  album. The story is about that little raccoon which Arielle found in my stuffed animals bin and made her own. That raccoon is bringing back feelings and memories. I didn't want to go too deep in the details on the page, but I wrote enough to know what it's about when I read it. 



I used the January Citrus Twist Kits scrapbooking main kit to make it.


I tried to pick the elements that were soft and tender. The white doily represents the moon. I layered some yellow stars paper with a very subtle flower patterned paper and some soft pink. My longer journaling under the photo tells the story of the past while the green label holds the details of the photo, if that makes sense.


I stitched silver thread and made some little bows to make the letters sort of hang into the air. I added a wood veneer saying "something new" (the raccoon is new to her and and old friend to me) and some paper star which look like wood veneers as well.

A simple and delicate page with a heavy story and lots of meaning for me.

So, here I ask again, what kind of stories do you document? And where do they live? How do you keep track of what you documented and of what you still want to document? I'd love to hear more about it.

I hope you will check out the details of the "style is Leverage" class and maybe consider getting a membership to Get it Scrapped. It's totally worth the money! The blog is also full of inspiration for stories to tell. I love love love reading the articles! So inspiring!

All right, thanks for stopping by and I'll talk to you real soon. Sunday, in fact, with a sketch to inspire you! :)

Marie

2 comments:

Gab said...

Such a beautiful and meaningful LO

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you so much!!!! Xo