Sunday, October 9, 2016

Citrus Twist Kits DT | He, the one who make her smile

Hello everyone!

As I am transitioning to the scrapbooking team from the Project Life team on the Citrus Twist kits DT, I am finding myself happy again to create!! My husband told me no later than today that Project Life is his favorite album to look at, but honestly, I LOVE creating 12x12 pages way way way more! Way more! lol So it was so relaxing and fun to create this page and I felt in my element. It took me maybe an hour?! We are far from the 10+ hours it took me to make a layout 4 years ago when I started on the Get it Scrapped team. :)

So here it is, using the October Citrus Twist Scrapbooking kit:


Very simple design, lots of journaling, one single photo.


I used the acrylic letters to spell the word "he" and finished the title with my handwriting and a thicker saying "#smile"


I've cut out the leaves from the cut apart sheet. And wrote my journaling with a blue ink pen.


I've stamped the date also with blue ink.


I added dimension with foam dots.


I framed my picture with a page of a story book (included in the kit), some patterned paper and lots of embellishments of all kind.


Easy as can be. For me, as long as the photo is supporting my story and as long as the story (in words) is on the page, I'm happy.

See you in a bit for more pages made with the beautiful October kit.

Marie-Pierre

4 comments:

Gab said...

Just beautiful. So cool that your hubby likes to look at your albums!

seemownay said...

I really like that you use blue (is it ink? Written with a fountain pen?) for your journaling. It gives the whole layout a very different feel than black .

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you Simone! It's my favorite pen since I'm a kid: pilot ink pen. You can find it at staples. I don't know if it's acid free though. As for the blue ink to stamp the date, I found the perfect blue to go with the indigo hill sphere ta pack and it's from Stampin up! If you need it I can check the exact name for you. Just let me know. :) fun to have you over here. Xo

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you Gab!!! As for my husband, I was REALLY surprised when he told me that because I don't see him in my albums... Ever! I think he just follow along on Instagram. Lol