Saturday, May 14, 2016

Citrus Twist Kits DT | Project Life

Hi everyone!

Today is a special day. I'm going to take little break for the summer while we are moving so this will be my last project for Citrus Twist Kits for a little while. And it's a very simple one.

You might know if you follow me since January, that every month I like to add a little calendar between my pocket pages.  And then, on the back of the calendar, I fill the pocket with a small page (6x6). I like to take a special photo. There's not much space for the journaling most of the time. I have to be clever about it so that it tells a story with very little words. So here is my April calendar and 6x6 page:



I made my calendar myself at the beginning of the year I used Photoshop and it was fairly easy. It just took some time.


I added a flair and a small round sticker and I used my agenda to fill in the days.


For the little page I used a photo that I had printed for my PL and that I had left out. because it was my daughter attending a birthday party and I thought it doesn't have to be in the album - I'm trying to make it simple and catch up before I leave! So anyway, my husband came into my studio and said: "Wow! That,s such a cool picture!" I mean, the lighting in that place was crappy, I don,t know the little girl who's on the picture with my daughter... the picture is blurry, but apparently it spoke to "daddy" so I decided to use that photo! :)

Because of the very small size of the page, I kept the embellishing to the minimum. And didn't add much journaling except the infos about the event, but this being said, I love this picture a lot because my daughter came a long way on the social point of view since the beginning of her kindergarten year. When we came to our first birthday party at this place at the beginning of the year, she hung up to my leg and didN,t play. And now she's sliding the giant slide and really having fun (as the picture tells). So I added a little #go maya go to represent that. I could add a 3x4 card and write the details and tuck it inside the page protector. I might do that. :)


So voilà! That's it for today!! 
I hope you got inspired by my little project even though it was small and simple. I'll have one last page to show you (for Get it Scrapped) before i leave for the summer so stay tuned for that! :)

Talk to you soon, friends!!

Marie

2 comments:

Nounette said...

Encore une bien belle page avec de belles explications détaillées!!! J'ai moins pris le temps ces derniers temps de te laisser un petit commentaire sur tes réas mais j'en loupe pas une!!! C'est toujours avec le même plaisir que je découvre tout ce que tu fais. Bon courage pour le déménagement et tout ce qui va avec!!!

Gab said...

I love your calendar pages - and your hubby is right - that pic is adorable