Thursday, March 3, 2016

Hip Kit Club DT | Project Life

Hi everyone!!

I have a new Project Life spread to show you today!!
I made it with my February 2016 Hip Kit Club Kits.
There was lots of navy in the kit this month and I loved working with it. Paired with the teals and pinks and soft yellow, I don't find it too bold.


This week my husband was in Prague and it was the main idea/stress/thing happening in our life. I was in contact with him pretty much 24/7. he sent me pictures, texts, and reported to me how life is over there. I included 2 photos he sent me + a map and coins he brought back for me.
The map received a special place in a small 6x6 pocket, right behind the calendar.




Since I didn't want to "loose" this big event in the midst of the album, I went BOLD and spelled out PRAGUE using one card/pocket per letter. I cut out the letters by hand using a template in the various patterned papers that were in the kit. I tried to vary the patterns and colors. And I added texture to every letter with stitching and staples.


The First photo I included was a panoramic one. I cut it in 2 pieces and added patterned paper and details on the one side.


I did the same here with the embellishment cluster to unite 2 pictures that didn't go together.
I layered a couple of clear elements over and under the Maggie Holmes fringe heart.




Here's a close up shot on the G to show you the stitching and stapling and I added a sticker.


This card was cut out of patterned paper. I like to add a full 4x6 card to add text. The story is what matters to me after all. I continued my thing of splitting things in half and cut the star in 2 pieces that I placed on each side of the card. I made a frame around my journaling with my sewing machine.


This pocket holds the coins my husband brought back from Prague. I'm a money collector (who isn't, right?! Ha!) since I'm a child. I find that adding the coins to this album rather than to my collection, give them even more preciousness. Oh and it looks like I'll have the chance to add more coins to my collection too.... But I'll come back to that in another blog post. I closed the pocket with my fuse tool and I added a fortune cookie message. You'll see that when I show you the other side of the spread, next Thursday.


The little gold frames fit perfectly in the 3x4 pockets.  I used enamel dots to tie all the pockets together.


Here are more details of the letters.


And I finish the spread with two cute and simple cards.  I really like the bold black heart on the very soft background. This paper was one of my favorite in the kit. I used a very small polka dot pattern as a mat under my photo.


This black and white paper is also one of my favorite of the kit. I really love that the large black words are 4x6 wide. I added a simple hello label and a gold foil label. Under my photo I added a piece of soft blue paper. 

Voilà!

Thanks for stopping by. 
I really appreciate your comments! (Special shoutout to Gab!!)  :)

Marie

1 comment:

Gab said...

You are so cute Marie! Thanks for mentioning me!
Great pages - I love how you went big with Prague!