Tuesday, December 8, 2015

December Daily 2015

Hi everyone!

How are you all doing? :)

I'd like to share with you a couple of pages from my December Daily album. I am drowning in work but I can't not have this baby on my blog. :) So here are just the first pages for now. Expect to see more soon.

I went with a beautiful golden album from Becky Higgins this year. The format of a full page protector is 6x8 and it's a lovely size to work with.


I have several products to work with. I bought Ali Edwards' main kit, Citrus Twist Kits December Documented Kit and almost the whole Pretty little Studio collection. I have a couple of little gems left from my Hip Kit Club December Documented kit that I used for my December Daily 2009 album I made in November. Of course I still have boxes full of goodies left from past years too.

The first page of my album is one from Ali Edwards' kit. I love the simplicity of the white with a sprinkle of gold foiled stars. I simply added 2015 red Thickers that I stitched in place with gold thread.

Day 1: The return of our Elf Harmony and the advent's calendars she brought.


On that page I love the mix of red and kraft. With my kraft custom journaling card, I wanted to give the feel of the gifts that our Elf brought. It's also because that song, My favorite things from the Sound of Music is one of our family favorite. :) I also love the touches of red foil (Washi tape on the tags) and gold foil (journaling card).









Day 2: Someone looses a tooth and our Elf fills in for the Tooth Fairy. + Glowing noses and antlers.



I have a couple of cards in my stash that I'm holding onto since a long time. They are mostly gold! :) And this album is perfect to grab them all and fill the pockets with journaling! I find it very practical when the notes our Elf write are on 3x4 cards. ;) And when Arielle wants to write a note to Harmony, she knows where to get the cards too. :) I don't really worry about which cards we used. Red, gold, this company or that one, at the end everything seems to always blend nicely together.

Oh and having your child write to their Elf is a great way to incorporate their handwriting in the album. That's the most precious thing!!!!


I have several number styles. I mix them up. I don't have a system. I take the one that seems fitting when i do the spread. :) I love to add small die cuts and stickers too. Pretty Little Studio has the prettiest!!!!

Sometimes, when a card has 2 sides, like this one where the Elf wrote on the back side, I will make sure the card is easily accessible (look for the opening. If the card goes in the pocket in the back of the page, it's probably not the best spot for it. Top pockets are always great!) and I will add some kind of tab or ribbon or in this case a die cut that is easy to grab and I'll add a small note saying pull. I'm just realizing now that that this could refer to the pull up diapers. It was not my intention... 2nd language problems. ;) But it's ok. It's all ok. :)


Daughter's hand writing goes directly in the album. No need to add anything :)


Labels of all sizes and colors are always always always my go to to add little snippets, or bigger snippets, of journaling.




When i go back to look at older December Daily albums, I always find that these big pictures are the best!!! And they are easy to work with in a small album like this.



Ok, that's it for today. I hope you enjoyed the start of my album. :)
I promise to show you more very soon.

Oh and come back tomorrow morning as I will let you tour my studio!!! :)

Marie

No comments: