Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Art impressions - I have to share!!

Hi everyone!

I just saw something on Facebook and I had to share it with you!!
It got me so excited that I had to stop everything I was doing and go make a card!!
I mean really!

Ok, here it is:



It's a video tutorial that Bonnie (Art Impressions) made to teach a very simple way to use MY FAVORITE stamps!!!

So I watched the video, 3 times, (haha!) and I broke out my stamps and my Tombow markers and played a little.

Here's my finished card. :) I'm entering it to the Art Impressions Watercolor challenge that is ending today.


I always have trouble to know on what the image will look better. I chose gold glitter paper and gold stitching and a kraft card base.


Look at this cute squirrel!!! <3 nbsp="" p="">For the drops, I scribbled with my marker on an acrylic bloc and I added water that I let drip on the card. It didn't have time to dry before I shot the pictures. I had to hurry up because the rare light was running away!!



Here's a detailed shot of the flower arrangement. I'm not a florist. I did my best. ;)

Thanks Bonnie and the team for making this video. I think it's genius and I can't wait to watch the next ones!!

Marie

7 comments:

Tami said...

I think you did a fabulous job. Found you through the AI challenge!!

CeeCee said...

Ta carte est superbe, Maire-Pierre! J'adore :-)

MariePierre said...

J'avais déjà vu ce vidéo et j'étais, moi aussi, tombée sous le charme. Par contre, comme je n'ai rien de tout cela, rien à se "garocher" dessus pour essayer la technique. ;) Ta carte est fa-bu-leu-se, rien à envier à l'originale. Est-ce toi qui a fait le petit écureuil ou c'est également une étampe? Bonne idée d'encadrer le tout avec du doré. C'est vrai que ces illustrations sont souvent si jolies qu'on ne sait pas comment les monter sans leur voler la vedette. Bonne chance pour ta soumission au concours!

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Merci Marie-Pierre!! :) Le petit écureuil est aussi une étampe de leur collection watercolor. Il y a aussi des lapins et un écureuil dans le paquet. Sont vraiment cutes! :) jai finalement gagné une mention honorable (et un set d'estampes de mon choix!!) je crois bien que je vais y aller avec un petit renne de Noel qui est vraiiiiiiiiment cute!!!! :D

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Catherine, ton commentaire me touche beaucoup!!! xox

Marie-Pierre Capistran said...

Thank you Tami!!! I saw your lovely card too!! Thanks for comming by!!

Les idées de Magouille said...

Tout simplement magnifique Marie-Pierre. Quel coup d'oeil! wow!