Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Art Impressions | Christmas cards

Hi everyone!!

This is my second post for today. I couldn't wait to show you the 2 Christmas cards I've been working on yesterday!! :) I made them using the stamp set I chose when I won an honorable mention with this card last week! And I'm entering both of them to this week's BE MERRY challenge over at Art Impressions, and to the Anything Christmas challenge from Penny Black. :) Hoping that I can win one more time and get myself another awesome stamp or two, just in time for the Holidays!!! (These stamps are addictive I'm telling you!)
Here's the stamp set that won my heart last week!!
(click on the image to get to the Art Impressions store)





And here is one card I made with it:


It is a shaker card. I cut out an opening in the front of my card. And right behind the window I adhered 2 acetate that I stitched together leaving an opening at the top. I filled my clear pocket with come sequins in a modern Christmas color scheme and with some stars that I punched in gold glitter carsick and that I adhered back to back, so that it wouldn't be white when we open the card and look at the pocket from the inside of the card. I stitched the pocket closed and rerun the card through my sewing machine to make a double border. 




I then stamped my little reindeer and colored him with Prismacolor pencil and Gambol. I cut him out leaving a white border and I adhered him in front of my card with some foam adhesive. 



I finally stamped my sentiment in the inside of the card so that we would see it through the window. :)

Voilà!!
I hope you like it!!
Did you start working on your Christmas cards yet?? And if so, are you doing many cards or do you stick to one model that you're going to repeat?

I'd love to see. :)

Marie

6 comments:

Dana said...

Awesome shaker card!! I love how you can see the sentiment through from the front!! Thanks for playing along with us at Art Impressions Challenge!!

Charne said...

Love this little shaker card! So much fun!

diane zechman said...

What a fun shaker card! I love the sentiment peeking through! Thanks for playing in the Ai Be Merry Challenge!

Ellibelle said...

This is so cute and creative! Beautifully done! Thank you so much for joining us at Penny Black and More!

Linby said...

This is such a fun and cute card. Love the shaker part too. I have bought a big bag of sequins to make a shaker card as I have never done one before, let's see if I make it for this Christmas LOL!
Thanks for sharing with us at Penny Black & More this month.
Lynn x
DT

Sharon Caudle said...

So adorable, Marie!! Congrats on your win last week and this set is one of my favs!! So adorable! Sure to bring a smile to the face of the recipient!! Thanks so much for joining our Be Merry Challenge at Art Impressions!