Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Entre Artistes | Scrapbooker of the year Part 3 of 4

Hi everyone!
This is the 3rd post of my reveal of my creations I submitted to the Entre Artistes contest. If you missed part one and two, you might consider catch up with that first. :)

Entre Artistes Part 1
Entre Artistes Part 2

The third assignment was to make a home decor piece that was creative.
I decided to make 2 silhouettes of my daughters and to mount them on a special background.
Here's the result:


One of the things I was doing before I started scrapbooking was called "Decoupage". It's french and it translates to "paper cuts". I learned the art in Switzerland. Here are some of my work of art on cards.

Anyway, to come back to these silhouettes, I started but working on the photos with Photoshop. I had to play with the contrast, and to cut out the silhouette of the girls. I then cut them out in a special black paper.


This is Arielle on her bike.


And this is some of the details of the background. It's a sheet of Dear Lizzy patterned paper with some stitching and some ink spraying from Heidi Swapp.


This is Maya on the carousel at Downtown Disney, Orlando.


And this is a detailed shot of the background. Again, Heidi Swapp's color magic spray in Cherry. On this one I stitched on the contour of the patterned paper.

I haven't hung them yet but I definitely will do so in my new house.

Thanks for looking and stay tuned for Part 4 in a couple of days! :)

Marie

1 comment:

Susanne said...

What great projects these are.